- Feeling trapped
- Low energy levels
- Inconsistent positive mood
- Analysis paralysis
- Feeling weighed down (sometimes shows up as physical body weight)
When you continuously choose to stay in your comfort zone, you are choosing to not face your fears and/or a new challenge. You aren’t being stretched and you don’t live into your potential. This turns into a boring, dull life.
- More options come available to you that didn’t before
- Feeling of lightness
- Less Shoulda-coulda-woulda
- Thinking is free-er; less analysis paralysis
- Energy and readiness to get into action appear
Risks and Benefits?
- Unknowns (risky, but adventurous)
- Things could not go well (ugh)
- Meet new interesting people (fun!)
- Discover new things to do (fun x2)
- Your energy levels rise (Whee!)
- You feel better on a daily basis (Yippee!)
- Improved relationships with partner/family/friends (Nice!)
- Clarity (Phew)
In the end, always choosing the safe, comfort zone just doesn’t feel as good. It’s comfortable, but heavy and boring. It can lead to a ‘trudging through the day’ existence. You don’t feel really alive (because part of being alive is feeling uncomfortable sometimes)!
Imagine a life where you say “that was fun!” and “Whee!” and “Yippee!" Wouldn’t stepping out of your comfort zone be worth it for that?
Are you ready? Are you ready to get out of your comfort zone?
Schedule a free life coaching consultation today to get started.
Image credit: Outside my comfort zone by Lars Plougmann via Creative Commons License Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0