- “I don’t have time”
- “I don’t understand why I keep repeating the same mistakes”
- “He/she is crazy or doesn’t understand me”
- “I don’t understand why the universe/world/God [insert appropriate term here] keeps me from what I really want”
- “I’m not an organized person by nature”
- “I’m so busy running the kids around that I don’t have time to get organized”
- “I really try and nothing changes”
Now, that we’ve established your BS quotient, here is my next question:
What do you REALLY want? Take a moment to paint the picture in your mind.
If this showed up your life right now, what would it require from you? Who would you need to be? Is it possible that there might be some vulnerability that needs to surface? Is it possible you need to own your habits, your ability to avoid?
When we fool ourselves, we don’t take action on what we really want, and we don’t live a fulfilling life.
What are you willing to face about yourself today? Go ahead, be honest. Own it. Then tell me about it in the comments below or at least tell someone in your life. Tell me/them you are now owning the fact you have been bs’ing yourself. Then commit to stopping.
Image credit: #bullshit button is back in rotation :) by Arpit Gupta via Creative Commons License Attribution 2.0